Social media is a platform where you can interact with people from various parts of the world. It’s an interactive place where you get to create communities, share contents which are generated by users and many other things. Social Medias are usually free for everyone to access. It connects friends, family, and acquaintances and helps you to keep in touch with everyone in a much cheaper way. This way of sharing, chatting, talking is cost effective and addictive. Various forms of social media can be found. A social media can be an internet forum, a blog, podcast or social networks. The main purpose of these Medias is same.
Effect of Social Media
The revolutionary advancement of the importance of social media in our life has affected our lives in more than one ways. Social Medias are addictive, fun and even a good place to earn. This has made it significant in our lives. Due to the availability of social media we prefer to post a message or information on a social media rather than sending it to individuals. Due to the social media, we also have started to earn by promoting our trade online. Again due to the social media we have started sharing every insignificant part of our lives publicly.
5 Common Mistakes
Due to the excessive usage of social media, most people have started making blunders online. They are
· Excessive posting online- posting facts and stuff is good but up to a certain limit. It is not good to share everything from the beginning of the day till the end. It not only makes you boring but also monotonous.
· Not replying to comments- only posting does not work. You need to interact with the people who comment also. When you post people expect you to reply in return to their comments.
· Argue online- the worst it can get is when you start arguing online. Arguing itself is bad and doing it online makes it worse. Always try to maintain a calm environment online.
· Ignoring fans- if you have a number of followers or are in a community, you are responsible for replying to your fans. Also, slow responses are not acceptable. Make sure to keep your fans happy as they are the ones who make your community popular.
· Deleting comments- deleting a person’s comment other than you is a crime on social Medias. If you do not like a comment mention it so subtly. Do not in any circumstance delete it. Even if the comment is negative, counter it by commenting something positive.
Using a social media also requires etiquettes and manners. People without these are sure to make mistakes online which are not forgiven. You cannot erase the mistakes you have done. Also online you are not actually speaking but typing. Words written may seem different than spoken. Make sure to use the right words and at right situation. Mistakes occur but try to overcome it rather than hiding from it.